Sunday, January 11, 2009

In the Killers, I thought that the dialect and rhetoric was interesting.  It was fast moving and short interactions so you don't get bored.  The dialect seems different from the way we speak now.  I think that the dialect of the story was a character, just as important as the actual characters, developing more and more as the story goes on.
I didn't like the "Hemingway's the killers and heroic fatalism: from page to screen" that much mainly because the author spent to much time talking about other Hemingway story's.  They also seem to talk about the director's history more than comparing the actual story to the director's interpretation of the short story.  It is also annoying that the author of this paper re-explains every detail in the 1946 version which I can just watch, which would have saved me time.  Overall I thought this was mostly pointless, I lost interest after twenty minutes of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment